Aferwards I took the chance to travel around the country for a short while which gave me the chance to visit also the North of the country, most notably Udon Thani, the last city before the Lao border.
Here are a few impressions from the trip with a brief legend:
1. The horrible traffic in Bangkok from the Asok skytrain station
2. The infamous Soi (street) Nana... (no further comment lol)
3. Temple area opposite of the Grand Palace
4. Impressive wat (temple) in the North of the country (tourist shot lol)
5. Gigantic white Buddha statue close to Udon Thani in the North at dusk.